Jonas Mekas (1922 - 2019)



Hay pocos cineastas que han definido aquello que llamamos cine. Uno de ellos fue Jonas Mekas. Una pérdida inmensa.  Mejor darle eco a sus palabras:

I don’t know what life is. I know nothing about what life is. I have never understood life, the real life. Where do I really live? I do not know. I do not know where I come from, where do I go. Where am I, where am I? I do not know. I do not know where I am, and where I am going to and where I’m coming from. I know nothing about life. But I have seen some beauty, I have seen some brief... Brief glimpses of beauty and happiness... I have seen, I know. I have seen some happiness and beauty. I do not know where I am. I do not know where I am! But I know I have experienced some moments of beauty, brief moments of beauty and happiness, as I am moving ahead, as I am moving ahead, my friends! I have, I know, I know I have experienced some brief brief moments of beauty! My friends! My friends! 

-Jonas Mekas, As I Was Moving Ahead Occasionally I Saw Brief Glimpses of Beauty





Comentarios

Entradas populares